How Can I Prevent Premature Aging?
As we age, many of our internal processes slow down — such as our metabolism, workout recovery, and skin cell turnover. This change also leaves room for signs of our aging, such as fatigue, fine lines, and wrinkles. While it’s impossible to avoid these inevitable signs, you can act early to lessen their effect.
Signs of Premature Aging
If you’re concerned that your skin has begun to age prematurely, here are some of the most common signs:
- Sun spots
- Vein, thin (gaunt) hands
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Dry, itchy skin
What Causes Premature Aging?
As we age, our bodies tend to produce less collagen, causing our skin to wrinkle and sag. However, there are a few factors and activities that cause our appearance to age quicker than it should, including:
- Excessive sun exposure
- Genetic conditions
- Sleep habits
- An insufficient diet
- High alcohol and caffeine consumption.
Protecting Your Skin
There are plenty of lifestyle changes you can make now to protect your skin for the long run, including:
- Increasing your intake of vitamin C. Try adding proteins and citrus fruits into your diet to kickstart your procollagen production.
- Changing your skincare routine. Products that contain antioxidants, vitamins, peptides, and DNA-repairing enzymes can also help promote collagen production.
- Reducing your caffeine intake. While most of us rely on a little (or a lot) bit of caffeine to get by, too much can have negative effects as well.
- Quitting smoking. In addition to having an abundance of health-damaging effects, smoking can damage your skin and your ability to produce collagen.
Skin Rejuvenation Treatments Available in Canton MA
Specific professional-grade treatments can help repair your skin and protect your youthful glow. From BOTOX services to skin rejuvenation, our specialists at UniQLaser Center can recommend a treatment fit for you. Contact us today for a free consultation!