Laser Hair Removal in Canton & Watertown
Get Rid of Unwanted Body Hair Now
Managing unwanted body hair can often become troublesome and time-consuming. With shaving and waxing, that smooth finish is short lived. The hair quickly returns with an even more unpleasant stubble effect that nobody wants to feel.
With a series of convenient laser hair removal treatments, you should not have to worry about your unwanted hair for quite some time, it’s a long-term solution for unwanted hair.
Benefits of UniQLaser Center include:
- Quality service at an affordable price
- Your satisfaction is our #1 priority
- Our doctor is a board-certified specialist
- State-of-the-art & FDA-approved devices
- Free consultations provided to each client
How Long Does the Hair Removal Treatment Last?
Many individuals will experience hair removal that lasts for many years. Others may require some additional treatments over time. Each patient responds differently to treatment. Because hair is affected by hormones, frequency is handled on a case-by-case basis.
How to Prepare for Laser Hair Removal
In the weeks prior to laser hair removal treatment:
- Avoid any forms of tanning, waxing, and plucking because of the laser that targets the hairs’ roots, which would be temporarily removed by waxing or plucking.
- Avoid doing anything that darkens the skin before treatment, because it will likely render the laser less effective.
- Avoid any type of harsh products on the skin: retinols, glycolic acids, acne products, and sunless tanning lotions.
- Certain medications such as antibiotics can cause photosensitivity. Clients cannot undergo any laser treatments while on these medications.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Laser hair removal works quickly and efficiently by emitting heat energy down into the hair follicles using the Candela GentleMax Pro laser. This heat energy precisely disables the cells, which shuts down the production of new hair growth. The process is effective because the darker pigment of hair absorbs the large majority of the heat energy, leaving the surrounding tissue unharmed.
Before & After: Laser Hair Removal Treatment - Armpit
Before & After: Laser Hair Removal Treatment - Back
Before & After: Laser Hair Removal Treatment - Chin
Why Choose Laser Hair Removal?
Laser is more effective and longer lasting than other methods of hair removal because it tackles the problem at the source rather than just the hair that is showing. In some cases, multiple treatments may be needed because hair grows in cycles and hair that is not protruding from the skin will likely not be immediately affected.
Can Laser Hair Removal Work on All Skin & Hair Types?
The laser used in the hair-removal procedure can be adjusted to suit various pigments of skin and hair; however, in general, more pigmented or darker skin tends to make laser hair removal less effective and could increase the risk of potential complications after treatment. In addition, treatments performed on red, blonde, and gray hair are not generally as effective, because they absorb less heat.
What to Expect Following Laser Hair Removal
After the laser hair removal treatment:
- It is highly advisable to avoid sun exposure whenever possible for six weeks.
- It is also a good idea to avoid wearing any perfumes, deodorants, or any product that could irritate the treatment areas for a few weeks after the treatment.
- It’s normal to see some redness and swelling of the hair follicle in the following days.
- A topical hydrocortisone can be applied after the treatment to relieve any itchiness or discomfort.
Any pain or discomfort can be managed easily with over-the-counter pain medications; most of the time, this is not necessary. Our team does provide a prescription antiseptic cream that is applied topically to the treated areas.
Want to Schedule an Appointment?
If you are interested in learning more about laser hair removal, contact our laser hair removal spa in Canton or Watertown to schedule a free consultation. During this initial meeting, we ask patients to complete some medical history forms, the patient’s medical history is reviewed and the spa director will examine the areas requested for treatment.
This is also a good time for the patient to ask all the questions they may have regarding the treatments. The team will be sure to provide all the information needed to have a thorough understanding of what to expect and any potential risks that may be involved.